Childhome BV is a private company with its registered address at Neerveld 13B, B-2550 Kontich, registered with the commercial registry of Belgium under n° BE 0822.458.743.
The following terms and conditions apply to the offer of each product that you order from our webshop.
1. About these terms and conditions & guarantee consumers
- We value the trust you place in CHILDHOME and we take your rights very seriously. These general terms and conditions of sale will clarify your legal rights during your visit and purchases on the CHILDHOME website. In these terms and conditions "we" and "us" mean CHILDHOME, and "you" means the customer. By accessing www.childhome.com, you agree to a lawful commitment and to complying with the provisions and conditions below. These terms and conditions together with your order confirmation constitute the contract between us and you for the supply of products. No other terms and conditions shall apply. The contract cannot be varied unless we agree to vary it in writing of by email.
2. Placing your order
- You may place an order by filling in the order form on the website: www.childhome.com and clicking on the appropriate submission button.
- When you place your order, you will receive a web order number.
- By placing an order, you make an offer to us to purchase the products you have selected on these terms and conditions. We may not accept your offer at our discretion.
- If we accept your order, we will notify you of our acceptance by issuing an order confirmation. We will send you your order confirmation by email. The order confirmation will be effective on sending. If we cannot accept your order, we will attempt to contact you by email or telephone.
- Whilst we will make every effort to supply you with the products listed on the order confirmation, there may be occasions where we are unable to supply these products because, for example, (a) such products are no longer being manufactured or available or
(b) we are unable to source relevant components or (c) if there was a pricing error on the website of CHILDHOME. In such circumstances we will contact you to inform you and may suggest alternative products. If you do not accept our suggestion then we will cancel your order in relation to those products we cannot supply and repay you the money that you may have paid to us in relation to those products. Repayment will be extent of our liability to you if we are unable to deliver the products you have ordered.
- CHILDHOME shall not be held liable for any losses incurred as a result of the unavailability of an item.
When you are a consumer:
- The prices quoted for the products and services offered for sale will be quoted in euro, inclusive of VAT and exclusive of handling charges.
- VAT is payable by you at the applicable rate as indicated on your invoice.
4. Paying for your products
- Payment can be made in any of the manners specified during the ordering process.
- If you are paying by credit card, then you must supply your credit card details when you place your order. Your credit card will be charged when your order is confirmed. We will not commence the delivery of your products until your credit card issuer has authorized the use of your card for payment of the products you have ordered. If we do not receive such authorization we shall let you know. Your credit card has to correspond to the country where we should deliver the goods.
- If you are paying by bank transfer a request for payment (= a pro forma invoice) will be sent to you and your products will be supplied after your payment is cleared. If we do not receive the payment within 15 days after the date of your order, then your order will be cancelled.
- You must pay your order in the currency as indicated on your invoice.
- We will send your invoice and products to you at the billing address indicated on your order confirmation.
- CHILDHOME stays the owner of the goods until you have paid them completely.
- We will deliver the products which are indicated on your order confirmation. These terms and conditions apply to that delivery.
- We will deliver your products to the delivery address indicated on your order confirmation, except when you pay your products by credit card. In that case, we will deliver your products to the invoice address of your credit card which is indicated on your order confirmation.
- We will use our reasonable endeavours to manufacture your products within 14 days of the date of issue of your order confirmation. Estimated delivery times of the products which are given at the time of placing an order are only estimates and do not always equate to the real delivery times. Exceeding the delivery times means not that you confer entitlement to a compensation, neither a reduction nor any other form of compensation.
- CHILDHOME delivers all the ordered products at the same moment. We don't split our deliveries up on different days.
- You may cancel your order at any time prior to delivery of the ordered products, by contacting us by letter and quoting your web order number.
- Transfer is effected at the time that you (or someone on your behalf) take receipt of the product.
- Title to and risk of loss concerning your products, will pass to you on delivery of the products to the address stated in your order confirmation.
- Upon delivery of the products to our carrier we will send you a confirmation of shipment by mail, on condition that you have indicated an email address on the order form.
This condition applies exclusively to the sale of internet to consumers.
- According to the Belgian law from 14 July 1991 of trade and the protection of the consumer, the consumer has the right to report to the salesman in 7 days from the day after the day of delivery that he doesn't want the purchase anymore. He doesn't have to pay a fine and give a motive.
- CHILDHOME doesn't take products back which aren't in their original packaging anymore. We also don't take used, assembled or damaged products back.
- When you want to make use of this law, you have to contact CHILDHOME in 7 days by letter.
- In the same duration, you have to send the original packaging with all the accessories, the directions for use and the invoice/receipt of delivery (on your own costs) back to CHILDHOME CHIS NV, Neerveld 13 A, 2550 Kontich, Belgium.
- In 30 days after the acceptation of taking back the products, we will pay you back. With the exception of the delivery costs.
- CHILDHOME reserves the right to reject returned items or refuse refund if the items have been damaged by the customer.
If you are a consumer, the guarantee only has a complementary working. This guarantee excludes not the rights of the law of the protection of sales of consumer goods.
- The guarantee is valid for 24 months from the day of delivery for manufacturing faults. The guarantee doesn't count for incompetent use, defective support, wrong assembly and the like.
- Ticket and/or receipt of delivery are considered to be the only guarantee certificates.
- For the return of the products, you have to give a correct description and/or a legitimate reason by letter. This together with the ticket and/or the receipt of delivery.
- Before you send your goods back, you have to contact CHILDHOME by letter. If you don't do that, CHILDHOME will not accept these goods.
- The guarantee only applies to the first owner and isn't transferable. Many second-hand articles can be dangerous for the care of children. It is possible that second-hand articles don't have the right safety anymore.
- You can't require possible exchange or taking back your products.
- You can only require furniture when you identify the damage by the delivery and only if you report the damage in 24 hours after the delivery. After this term CHILDHOME can only send you replacement parts on condition that you can show images.
- You have to report all the other visible defects at the moment of unpacking. Our service after sales can handle these defects immediately.
- The supplier has the right not to pay or not to replace new or unused goods which have damage of transport, if you didn't signed the goods as "damaged" and if you didn't contacted CHILDHOME in 24 hours by letter after the day of delivery. In this context refers "damage of transport" to damage on the outside of the box and not to the shortcoming or damage to the content of the individual goods.
8. Contacting CHILDHOME
You can contact us:
- By mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By telephone: 03/457.77.71
- By fax: 0032/3.457.99.19
- By post: CHILDHOME NV, Neerveld 13B, 2550 Kontich, Belgium
When contacting us you must quote your web order number.
9. Export control
Upon entering into a contract, you agree to comply with all export laws. You agree (a) not to export any product for any country in contravention of any export law, and (b) not to export any product to any country for which an export licence or other governmental approval is required, without first obtaining all necessary licences or other approvals. You warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any country to which export of the products is prohibited by any export law.
10. Data protection
- By placing your order, you agree and understand that we may store, process and use data collected from your order form for the purposes of processing your order.
- We work with other companies that help us provide products to you. For example we may provide your information to these companies for the shipment of products to you or to ensure that you benefit from special purchase discounts of terms.
- In addition, when you have requested finance in order to pay for the products ordered, some of the information you provide to us will be passed to companies providing finance for your purchase.
- When CHILDHOME provides your information to a third party, this company may only use the information for efforts.
11. Circumstances beyond our reasonable control
- We will make every effort to perform our obligations under the contract. However, we can't be held responsible for delays or failure to perform if such delay or failure is caused by any circumstances beyond our reasonable control. In the event of a delay, we will perform our obligations as soon as reasonably possible.
12. Disagreements governing law and jurisdiction
- We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement and you want to take court proceedings, then you have to do it in Belgium.
- The Belgian law applies to the contract.
- Neither our failure or your failure to enforce any term of the contract constitutes a waiver of such term. Such failure shall in no way affect the right later to enforce such term.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of the contract shall not adversely affect the validity of enforceability of the remaining provisions.
14. Language of the agreement
- CHILDHOME website is available in Dutch, French, German and English. You can make your choice by clicking on a language or by choosing a country. The language you choose is also the language used for the transactions and any further communication between you and CHILDHOME.